Melodie Bateman, Commissioner Ward 2
Term: May 2, 2024
Email Melodie Bateman
Ms. Melodie Bateman currently serves as Ward 2 Commissioner for the City of Collinsville. She has served in that capacity since 2014. Prior to this term, Melodie served as City Commissioner for Ward 3 from 2004 to 2010. Ms. Bateman’s desire to serve her community is based on the betterment of Collinsville, never losing sight of the hometown values the city possesses while also recognizing the equally important need to integrate technology into the continued growth.
Melodie served in several management positions for American Electric Power-Public Service Company of Oklahoma (AEP-PSO) retiring in 2016 after serving the organization for almost 40 years.
In her spare time, Ms. Bateman volunteers at:
- Arubah Community Clinic
- Collinsville Ministerial Alliance
- Main Street Mission
- Stand in the Gap-Women in Transition Ministry
She also enjoys spending time with her children and grandchildren.
Ms. Bateman is very active in many civic and non-profit organizations. She:
- Has served as board director for Alert Adults
- Has served as board director for Collinsville Downtown, Inc, as well as Economic Development Director
- Is the founder and director of His Daughter’s House Ministry
- Serves on the North Tulsa County Coalition
Melodie is currently:
- Bridges Out of Poverty Graduate
- Collinsville FFA Alumni and Creed Contest Judge’s Chair
- HER Women’s Ministry Core team
- Originator and leader of EmpowHer Single Women’s Community Group
- President of the Home Representative Club, the local organization of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs
- Resilience Seminar Coordinator
- Teen Suicide Prevention Committee